Thanks to individual and corporate camp sponsors, the Eric Montross Father’s Day Basketball Camp has raised over $1.8 million to support the UNC Children’s Hospital and we strive to continue to improve the hospital experience for patients every day.
We are particularly proud of fulfilling the #1 priority on Jason Clark’s original list for Eric Montross back in 1994 — The Jason Clark Teen Lounge and Game Room. This unique space gives teenagers a place to socialize and feel normal despite their diagnosis, without doctors and nurses. The Lounge and Game Room features a full kitchen, video game consoles and games, computers, a big-screen television, pool table and more.
Our Slam Dunks
- THE JASON CLARK TEEN ROOM
- MURALS Paintings throughout the hospital not only create a warm environment for patients, family, and staff, but also provide a distraction for patients in treatment rooms.
- BE LOUD! SOPHIE FOUNDATION This is an innovative program supporting adolescent and young adult cancer patients and their families at UNC Children’s.
- MEDICAL SIMULATION MANNEQUINS Advanced patient simulators are used for team training in routine care to critical emergencies at UNC’s Clinical Skills and Patient Simulation Center
- PEDIATRIC SHORT STAY UNIT A space for patients requiring continued monitoring and area for recovery, allowing more beds to become available in inpatient pediatrics.
- PEDIATRIC INFUSION SUITE An area for children to relax during their outpatient infusion treatments with recliners, TVs and DVD players.
- HIGH-TECH MEDICAL EQUIPMENT High-Performance Liquid Chromatography Machine and High-Resolution Ultrasound Machine
- PEDIATRIC DIALYSIS CENTER Allows children an inviting space separate from adults for long dialysis treatments.
- THE FAMILY TIME CAMERA SYSTEM Allows families to log on from anywhere, day or night to see their baby in the Newborn Critical Care Center